Teen Leader Program
The La Habra Teen Leaders Program is designed to provide a leadership and mentored training program for La Habra teens interested in receiving instruction and hands-on training in recreation services. In addition to accruing community service hours needed for school, participants also acquire the skills to apply for future employment opportunities in the City of La Habra.
- Applicants must be 13-17 years of age by June 1, 2021.
- Applicants must be available to volunteer during all their assigned program hours, with the exception of any pre-approved vacation hours.
- Hours of availability will be a major factor in selecting Teen Leaders.
- Applicants must complete the Teen Leader application and return it to the La Habra Community Center by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 19, 2021 or email to email@example.com.
- Teacher recommendations must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7:00 p.m. on May 14, 2021.
- Selected applicants will be invited to a 15-minute oral interview on May 18, 19 or 20, 2021 between 3:15-5:15 p.m.
Team Leader Responsibilities
- Teen leaders will be assigned a supervisor
- Teen leaders will receive assignments based on their availability and their areas of interest; however, all Teen Leaders must be flexible and willing to assist where needed.
- Teen Leaders must communicate the details of their assignments, programs, responsibilities and expectations to their parents/guardians.
- Teen leaders must wear their "Teen Leader" shirt at all times
- Teen Leaders must sign a contract and abide by the terms set forth in it.
Important Dates for Applying in 2021
- Wednesday, May 19, 2021- Applications due to the Community Center by 5:00 p.m.
- May 18, 19, & 22, 2021 - Individual interviews will be held
- Week of May 24, 2019 - Notification of selection
- Saturday, May 25, 2019 - Mandatory Staff Training
Download the Teen Leader packet with application forms (PDF). For more information please contact Melissa Rivera.